Thursday, January 30, 2014

Getting to know the names of people in my class

Buzz Buzz This is a game to help students learn each others' names. Play this game outside with a large bouncing ball. Gather students in a circle and explain that there are four sets of words permissible in this game. Buzz buzz, Ooh Ooh, Eee Eee and Aye Aye. Begin the game by starting your name followed by one of the nonsense phrases, and then bounce the ball to another person in the group. This player must say his or her name and then one of the nonsense phrases and then bounce the ball back to another person. The game continues in this manner, moving as quickly as possible from one player to another.

1 comment:

Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa School said...

Mrs Sharma and Room Ten
Nice to see the students of Tamaki Primary School making an effort to learn each others names in such a positive way, I am sure that everyone enjoyed the activity. I will (with my class of students) be keeping an eye on your work this year through your class blog.

Many years ago I used to work at the school next door that has closed, and I many, many, many (!) years ago used to work with Mrs Kellys husband. I also used to work with Mrs Tafea when she was at Tamaki Intermediate

Good luck with the new year.

Mr Webb and Room One, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki. mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com